Vivid Sydney is coming back for its 11th run, promising to be bigger, brighter and better this winter! From 24 May to 15 June 2019, Sydney and some of its iconic landscapes will become a canvas for this spectacular lights and arts festival you wouldn’t want to miss!
Sounds lit, so what makes Vivid Sydney 2019 so good?
There are three main components that make up Vivid Sydney 2019 – Vivid Light, Vivid Ideas and Vivid Music. These are components that will come together to transform the Harbour City into a world where inspirations ignite and imaginations take flight:
1) Vivid Light
See Sydney’s beauty in another light as the festival illuminates its skyline with contemporary light art. For its 11th anniversary, Vivid Light will bring together over 50 radiant works across nine precincts to create the largest outdoor gallery of its kind in the southern hemisphere! This year’s highlight will be found at The Rocks precinct, featuring a Pixar debut detailing the evolution of animation!
You can catch Vivid Light’s dazzling displays at these precincts:
- Circular Quay
- Darling Harbour
- Harbour Lights
- Luna Park
- Royal Botanic Garden
- Taronga Zoo
- The Rocks
From the crowd-favourite Lighting of the Sails at the Sydney Opera House to the stunning sparkle-spangled ferris wheel at Luna Park and the harmonizing of light and nature at the Royal Botanic Garden, there is definitely a view for everyone at Vivid Light!
2) Vivid Ideas
Let Vivid Ideas inspire you with a plethora of future-facing talks, hands-on workshops and industry-shaping forums over the span of 23 days. Gain some insights and food for thought as Vivid Ideas dive into the topics of love, loneliness and belonging in the digital age that we live in. Spark new ideas and maybe even new ways of being with Game Changers Spike Lee and Esther Perel, Citizens of the World workshops, and many more!
3) Vivid Music
What’s a festival without good music? Vivid Music shines the spotlight on the city’s live music culture by not only introducing influential international acts, but also placing a firm focus on the local, emerging talents.
Catch these star-studded shows at:
- Vivid LIVE: headlined by British alt-rock pioneers The Cure and electronic titans Underworld at the Sydney Opera House. Also featuring performances by American synth-pop star Maggie Rogers, acclaimed singer-songwriter Sharon Van Etten and jazz ground-breaker Herbie Hancock.
- Carriageworks: headlined by powerhouse electronic act RÜFÜS DU SOL and gender-bending popstar FKA Twigs. Curve Ball, the warehouse party of the year is also featured with Hayden James, Touch Sensitive and Mallrat.
- The City Recital Hall – presents Paul Kelly, Kate Miller-Heidke, ZOFO and Concertos on Fire.
- Vivid X|Celerate: gigs across a myriad of genres across the city by acts like The Catholics, Set Mo, Carlotta, I Know Leopard and Heaps Gay.
- Vivid Art After Hours: a fusion with Vivid Ideas at the Art Gallery of NSW featuring Andrew Bukenya, OKENYO and JZ Lunar Capsule.
Feeling excited? Our sis, YouTrip, has gotchu fam!
Our content sister, YouTrip, has this amazing blog and Telegram channel where you can find the best travel hacks and deals. If you’re going to Sydney in winter, it’s worth checking out these winter essentials to keep you warm while you have fun at Vivid Sydney 2019!
What are you waiting for? Join in the fun and experience the magic for yourself!
If you can’t make it to Sydney, we’ve got tons of stuff for you to do in Singapore. Head over to BeScene.sg!
Let us know if there are any events or things to do that you think should be featured. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram and tell us which event you’re going to attend! Download the free app here. #bescenesg
If you’re an organiser and want us to check out your event/ workshop, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org